Product Sales Engineer
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Product Sales Engineer you will be responsible for developing sales strategy and initiating sales growth around new publisher products including; Video, Native, and Mobile products. You will partner closely with the product team and use influencing and leadership skills to drive product success with publishers through the Publisher Advocates.
- Act as the subject matter expert in new publisher products including but not limited to; video, native, and mobile products
- Build a sales strategy for new publisher products that immediately and directly increases publisher revenue opportunity
- Partner closely with the product team to ensure you have a deep understanding of the product pipeline so that you can prepare plans and strategies to support the sales team in achieving revenue goals through these products
- Work closely with the Publisher Advocates and Account Managers to provide them guidance and a structured plan for selling and communicating new products to publishers
- Liase directly with Ad Operations to create efficient processes for ensuring good hygiene and performance on new products
- Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years of sales experience in advertising, adtech preferred
- DFP / publisher experience is required
- Strong understanding of the advertising industry
- Highly articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational agility, with the ability to influence performance indirectly through others
Position Reports to: VP, Publisher Services
Back to top