Product Operations Manager
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Product Operations Manager (POM), you will be responsible for helping teams quickly deliver value to the business and our customers. Whether measuring & driving agility within a team, identifying and managing cross-team dependencies, or holding a product manager accountable for effective sprint planning, you will ensure our product delivery teams are productive and our agile transformation is healthy -- especially as we continue to scale the product dev organization to fulfill our company’s mission.
Embed with feature teams to drive product delivery for 1-3 product lines, including:
- Helping to facilitate team participation in quarterly planning
- Tracking key team health metrics to inform continual improvement
- Facilitate inspect & adapt practices at the team level
- Holding Product Managers and Engineering leadership accountable to complete pre-planning for each sprint and continually groom the product backlog
- Managing cross-team dependencies for product delivery to ensure a timely release of complete features
- Helping the team be disciplined in Agile practices, coaching them to make adjustments (in the day-to-day, much like a personal trainer)
- Facilitating collaboration between Product and Engineering by holding true to the fact that the this role “doesn’t have a dog in the fight” regarding product or technical decisions
- Partnering with Engineering Directors or Team Leads to facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Partnering with Team Leads to hold the team accountable to make and meet sprint commitments
- Manage processes for Product Managers to internally publish and celebrate product releases
- Partner with Accounting and Engineering to manage capitalized labor documentation
- Partner with the Agile Project Manager, Engineering Directors & Product Managers to craft our stance on what Agile means at Sovrn. Continually implement, prune, and communicate this stance.
- Identify training required to effectively implement Sovrn’s Agile approach and advocate for and/or provide that training.
- Hold Product Managers accountable to adopt Sovrn’s Product Management Framework
- A servant leader and skilled influencer
- Detail-oriented & well organized
- "Doer" vs "Delgator"
- A hunger to learn and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Experience with agile practices preferred (Scrum, Lean, DevOps, Kanban, SAFe)
- 1+ years' experience in Engineering, Project Management, Marketing, or some other applicable area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Computer Science, Business, or a related field; or equivalent experience
Position Reports to: Agile Project Manager
Scott Schoenberger / Brittany Tartarilla
Back to top