Manager, Publisher Services (Inside Sales)
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Manager of Publisher Services (Inside Sales) you will be responsible for a team of Publisher Advocates (Inside Sales Representatives) in our Boulder office. You will aid in the development of team members by managing performance, coaching and mentoring, providing continuous feedback, and ensuring a fun, working environment.
- Manage day to day performance, coaching, pipeline and reporting
- Strives to meet and exceed KPI measurements set by Director of Sales and Sales leadership
- Helps with sales forecasting activities to help set performance goals accordingly
- Manages a team of Publisher Advocates by hiring top talent, incentivizing high performance, and ensuring continuous development
- Work in tandem with Sales Trainer to build out material for new and existing team members
- Provides continuous development to Publisher Advocates by continuing to grow and manage pipelines, introducing best practices and assisting on client calls
- Ensure sales team has the necessary resources to hit and exceed goals
- Guides team through career development
- Provide feedback during monthly 1:1s, addresses performance issues when necessary
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience with software, SaaS or cloud technology sales
- Holistic understanding of business and sales needs
- Knowledge of digital publishing for web, mobile and social platforms
- Understanding of publisher audiences and publisher KPI's
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship development and management
Position Reports to: Director, Publisher Services
Back to top