Inside Sales Representative
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As an Inside Sales Representative you will be tasked with opening new relationships with marketers. The role requires daily outreach to content marketers and digital campaign managers within advertising agencies and brands. This position works closely with the Data, Demand, and Marketing Teams to ensure an ongoing flow of quality outreaches is achieved. As an Inside Sales Representative you will identify prospects, connect with decision makers, and introduce them to the benefits of Sovrn’s product line.
- Recruit new content marketers and advertisers and develop business opportunities
- Conduct phone conversations with prospective marketers on a weekly basis
- Introduce new ad products to new and existing marketers
- Monitor and analyze performance trends in individual accounts
- Cultivate knowledge of the digital advertising landscape, from programmatic and RTB campaigns to Private Marketplaces, Audience Segments, and Content Marketing
- Support Sr. Sales Executives with enterprise account sales
- Maintain high activity standards in a self-directed environment
- Regularly achieve / surpass monthly quota, while continuing to develop pipeline
- Experience prospecting for new business and closing deals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technically savvy, with the aptitude to come up to speed quickly
- Strong proficiency utilizing Outlook Tools (Excel, Gmail, Word, Powerpoint)
- Basic SFDC knowledge ie. creating different views, dashboards, and reports
- Ability to evaluate new business opportunities
- Highly articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the online advertising industry
Position Reports to: GM, Data Solutions
Back to top