We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Financial Accountant you’ll be a key player in the Accounting Team’s monthly close process and be responsible for, but not limited to, assisting in the preparation of financial statements, creating and distributing both internal and external financial reports, and maintaining fixed assets and prepaid expenses. We are looking for a talented, eager individual that will thrive in a fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment.
- Oversee processes related to, and accounting for, capitalized internal-use software
- Manage fixed asset accounting – maintaining fixed asset ledgers, running and posting depreciation, recording acquisitions and disposals, and maintaining Construction in Progress.
- Reconcile international intercompany accounts
- Assist in preparation and review of departmental spend and performance to plan analyses
- Provide accurate and timely requirements related to annual audit and income tax return.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures related to internal controls and best practices
- Other projects and reporting responsibilities as assigned
Primary owner of detailed work for monthly close, including:
- Preparing and reviewing account reconciliations
- Entering journal entries to the general ledger
- Review monthly results to Plan of Record and assist in documentation of variances
- Preparing external reporting requirements
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a relevant accounting role
- CPA strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience and/or experience in a public company a big plus
- Experience in Internet and/or Media industry preferred.
- Experience with ERP environment required, NetSuite preferred
- Highly detailed oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times as this position will be exposed to highly sensitive and restricted information
Positions Reports to: Director, Accounting
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top