We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will provide functional leadership/management for multiple vertically focused feature teams within the AdTech organization and partner with Team Leads and Product Owners to ensure successful and timely project delivery. This is a hands-on technical management position.
- 10+ years' experience in software development environment
- 5+ year’s experience managing/leading software development teams
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Self driven with strong technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing people via project or functional leadership
- Strong people leadership skills with strong collaboration and cross-discipline focus
- Understanding of the software and product development process from design inputs through execution of the appropriate verification and validation tests
- Project management experience, preferably SCRUM/Agile
- Articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advertising industry experience
- Excellent downward, lateral, and upward communication skills
- Highly developed skill set in project leadership, including ability to balance risk, effectively lead diverse teams, and ownership of responsibility for outcomes
Position Reports to: Director, Engineering
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top