Director, Publisher Services (Inside Sales)
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Director, Publisher Services (Inside Sales) you will be responsible for assisting with the development of sales strategy and aiding with sales growth around new publisher products including; Video, Native, and Mobile products. You will partner closely with sovrn’s Sales Engineer(s) and Product Team to drive product success; and successfully educate Publisher Advocates (Inside Sales Representatives) in pitching new and existing product offerings.
- Coordinate with business owners to align market and product priorities
- Identify and implement KPI’s to measure Publisher Advocate’s success
- Develop and implements strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Oversee sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Analyze past compensation plan and prepares quarterly recommendations based on industry trends and sales team’s actual results
- Support, mentor and coach new and existing team members as needed
- Aid in implementing best practices
- Formulate sales policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree required (Master's degree a plus)
- 7+ years of management experience
- Strong business acumen
- Experience with software, SaaS or cloud technology sales
- Holistic understanding of business and sales needs
- Expert knowledge of digital publishing for web, mobile and social platforms
- Solid foundation in publisher audiences and Publisher KPI’s
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Position Reports to: VP, Publisher Services
Back to top