Director, Product Marketing
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Director of Product Marketing you will be a leader who can also “do” the day to day job of product marketing. When it comes to product, the Product Managers are answering what and why. Your job is to help answer who, when and where. Results are the name of the game in Product Marketing. No vanity metrics allowed here. The proof is in the definitive customer uptake/usage, NPS, and organic referrals.
- Partner with Product Managers to develop and execute on a marketing plan for the various products offered by Sovrn. Work with Community and Growth Marketing teams to coordinate timing and go-to-market approach. Maintain product project plans and expectations for internal reference and coordination.
- Collaborate with Marketing leadership, Product Managers and Creative team to develop product positioning and branding/messaging elements.
- Determine the “definition of success” along with metrics/reporting. Then refine as necessary to clearly show progress or where improvement is needed.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on the development and articulation of the Sovrn “point of view” on product and industry issues.
- Develop and evolve customer personas to help with product development and messaging
- Partner with Growth Marketing team to develop external go-to-market initiatives, content marketing campaigns and customer adoption
- Work closely with Community team to capture and relay customer feedback, involve product team in community discussions, and create product-specific content for community programs
- Ensure Publishers Services team has training and clear understanding of products and the value to publishers.
- Work with Creative and Product teams to gather customer feedback, beta testers and influencers to inform product and feature improvements.
- 5+ years of experience leading a product marketing team
- Experience in online advertising strongly preferred
- Experience in an Agile software development environment preferred
- Demonstrated success in effective communication, presentation and influencing
- Ability to motivate a team to meet goals
Position Reports to: VP, Marketing
Back to top