Director of Quality Engineering
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Director of Quality Engineering you will be responsible for integrating agile testing across all feature team delivery, building test automation to speed delivery and increase product quality, define testing lifecycle coverage and depth, and creating a “built-in” quality culture. In this role you will partner with software, data, and reliability engineering as part of the agile release train delivery. The Director will lead and develop a team of quality engineers. The Director should be a quality assurance testing thought leader with ability to lead technical design, build, and troubleshooting for automation frameworks, deliver quality metrics to measure acceptance, ability to drive continuous improvements, and manage the end-to-end quality assurance lifecycle across product, engineering, and platform execution.
- Lead Quality Assurance team agile automated testing transformation
- Implement full stack Quality Assurance lifecycle including test category definition, roles, tools, workflows, and metrics
- Lead automation initiative to architect, build, and run testing automation and tools
- Integrate automated testing with continuous integration and release engineering
- Partner with product managers, software and data engineers to elaborate, build, test, and accept features as part of agile release train delivery
- Ability to understand quality from perspective of users, partners, and company leadership and apply that understanding to quality assurance lifecycle
- Deliver quality dashboards and metrics for new feature acceptance
- Scale quality assurance efficiently to enable feature team growth with quickly while minimizing incremental costs by leveraging automation, coaching, and test driven development practices
- 10+ years' of experience with Quality Engineering and Automation practices required
- 5+ years' managing individuals and/or teams required
- Experience with Agile development and testing processes
Position Reports to: VP, Technical Operations
Back to top