Director of Growth Marketing
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Director of Growth Marketing you will be responsible for providing leadership and management to Sovrn's Marketing Operations team with the ultimate goal of continuously increasing the quality, effectiveness and scalability of Sovrn’s marketing strategies and tactics. The Director of Growth Marketing also has a visible leadership role across Sovrn.
- Directly manage the Marketing Operations team by making great hires, incentivizing high performance, and developing team performance
- Oversee selection, implementation and operation of marketing platforms and systems such as marketing automation programs, websites, online campaigns and graphic design approach
- Develop thoughtful approaches to growth marketing by creating marketing programs and approaches that can be scaled and implemented consistently by others across the company
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to establish strategies and tactics to deliver consistent brand message
- Define, evolve, and oversee marketing metrics reporting and infrastructure development to ensure that marketing is achieving effective results and operating at an ever-increasing efficiency level
- Work with other business leaders to establish and measure lead generation processes, channels, tactics and programs
- Partner with Finance team to lead budgeting, forecasting and operational activities for marketing operations
- 5+ years' experience leading a marketing team
- Experience in a high growth environment that has transitioned from startup to mid-size company
- Demonstrated success in effective communication, presentation and ability to influence
- Proven experience with a variety of marketing systems, platforms and methods
- Ability to motivate a team to meet goals
- Strong analytical skills, understands metrics and the management of big data
- Deep expertise in SEO, SEM, display, social advertising, content marketing and retargeting
- Knowledge of how to drive traffic that converts and experience with multi-channel marketing and complex attribution
Position Reports to: VP, Marketing
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top