Director, AdTech Product Management
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Director, AdTech Product Management you and your team will be the subject matter experts for all our Programmatic ad products, and will be tasked with building a market leading portfolio. You will develop a deep understanding of customer needs and perform ongoing analysis of the competitive landscape. Working with internal teams and external stakeholders you will identify product opportunities and partner with Engineering to build effective solutions. We are an agile shop and place a high priority on effectively collaborating across Product, Engineering and Design to ensure our work is highly optimized. As Director, AdTech Product Management you will focus on delivery and execution, while working in tandem with other Product Managers, Publisher Services, Ad Operations, Demand Managers, and Marketing on go-to market strategy and implementation.
- Successfully build and execute the adtech product vision, strategy and roadmap for Sovrn’s adtech product line
- Responsible for managing market research and opportunity assessment on new ideas and concepts
- Establish and communicate a prioritized roadmap for internal and external stakeholders
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional team to oversee full lifecycle Product Management from strategy to execution, that ensures Sovrn adtech product releases and initiatives are well executed and deliver value to the business
- Gather and prioritize user stories, end-user requirements, profile analyses, test plans, and other product documentation
- Build strong relationships with customers to garner feedback for development of product offerings
- Articulately present products to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner
- Be the visible advocate for your products internally and externally
- Monitor product performance, identifying new opportunities and making timely recommendations to drive product effectiveness
- Provide technical leadership and drive complex technical integrations
- The ideal candidate is a passionate product specialist who is both technically capable, and customer oriented with experience building complex, highly integrated, scalable software solutions
- 5+ years experience in Technical Product Management, with a successful track record of designing, building and launching software self-service products with real business impact
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in a concise and understandable manner to non-subject matter experts, both verbally and in writing
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail with proven experience simultaneously managing multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong understanding of the online advertising market ecosystem (advertiser/brand, agency, trading desks, DSPs, ad networks, exchanges, content developers/publishers, SSPs, DMPs)
- Proficiency in Agile / Scrum methodologies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Position Reports to: VP, Product
Back to top