Director, Account Management
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Director, Account Management you will be responsible for managing a team of Account Managers who are tasked with client retention, existing client growth and delivering quality service to sovrn’s publishers. You will be responsible for defining the business strategies by applying knowledge based on current market trends and publisher needs.
- Lead cross functional teams in defining, designing and developing sovrn’s publisher platform and tools
- Coordinate with business owners to align market and product priorities
- Work with VP of Publisher Services to develop strategies that result in retention of current publisher base
- Recruit, motivate and mentor Account Management professionals to achieve performance and organizational goals through developing a successful action plan, implementing adequate compensation incentive plans and building metrics to measure performance
- Identify and track KPI’s to measure Account Manager’s success
- Builds strong customer relationships
- Strategically focused and responsible for customer satisfaction, maintaining customer communication and the overall management of the customer relationship
- Identify new business opportunities and coordinate with appropriate sales, marketing and technology personnel for opportunities to introduce and promote the value of new products and/ or services to publishers
- Proactively identify and solves complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Serves as the primary point of contact for customer escalation and issue resolution
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree required (Master's degree a plus)
- 5+ years of management experience required
- Strong business acumen
- Holistic understanding of business and sales needs
- Expert knowledge of digital publishing for web, mobile and social platforms
- Solid foundation in publisher audiences and publisher KPI’s
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship development and management
- Experience in software, SaaS or cloud technology sales
Positions Reports to: VP, Publisher Services
Back to top