We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Data Analyst You will be an active member of the data science group, tackling problems and creating solutions to support the entire sovrn business. You will be responsible for completing ad-hoc analysis, executing against standard team functions, creating automated jobs and designing visualizations/ dashboards for the business user. You will be expected to adapt quickly, learn new skills, solve difficult problems and expand your footprint into more technical data science projects going forward. You should bring intensity, focus and a desire to grow to the group.
- Perform within a fast-paced organization to support all functions of the company
- Maintain and execute against multiple ad-hoc requests as well as standard team functions
- Partner with Engineers, Business Analysts, and Operations to define questions and propose solutions
- Document and present data findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop data visualizations and dashboards to answer commonly asked questions
- Maintain a deep understanding of the ad tech industry - it's core metrics, terms, and specific functional knowledge
- Continuously evaluate new and existing data to maintain data quality and consistency
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills applied to large datasets
- Fluid communication skills - ability to ask insightful questions, and share conclusions articulately through use of visualizations and data tables
- Exposure and working knowledge with MySQL, HQL/Hive and Python
- Confidence working in Linux CLI environments
- Vigilance in attention to detail, precision is of great importance
- BS in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate and advanced skills with AWS, Spark, Python or R
- Familiarity with job automation, QA, sFTP and GitHub
- Knowledge and experience with real-time data architectures and large scale data sets
- Exposure to predictive modeling techniques such as linear models, regression models, and trees
Positions Reports to: Sr. Director of Data Science
Back to top