Advertising Operations Intern
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
- Assist in trouble shooting and resolution of ad delivery issues encountered by publishers
- Assist monitoring publisher site submittals for daily approval
- Contribute to ad trafficking responsibilities
- Assist the monitoring of live campaign performance to manage discrepancy issues
- Current student working towards a Bachelor's Degree
- Incoming junior or senior
- Proven problem solving skills
- Analytical skills with an established approach to quantitative analysis
- Exceptional spreadsheet skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate quantitative numbers into recommended actions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience using client side (browser) debug tools such as firebug or developer tools
- Organized with ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Any SQL exposure a plus
Position Reports to: Director, Ad Operations
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top