Ad Operations Manager
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Manager, Ad Operations you will play an integral role leading a team of Publisher Support Specialist focused on supporting Sovrn’s publishers, Publisher Advocate Team and Demand Management Team.
- Provide day to day direction and manage performance of Publisher Support Specialist Team
- Ensure team adheres to expectations laid out in service level agreement, and continues to update SLA as needed
- Oversee team rotation through core Publisher Support responsibilities
- Support publishers through on-boarding process while coaching the value of Sovrn's industry leading publisher platform: Meridian
- Assist publishers with day-to-day technical and user-interface questions regarding their experience with Meridian
- Provide implementation support to publishers as new functionalities and tools are released to Meridian
- Manage support cases escalated to the Ad Operations team; this will include case verification, data analysis, isolation and diagnosis, providing real time resolution when applicable
- Collect feedback from publishers on their experience with Meridian providing insights to the Account Management and Product teams
- Coordinate with Ad Operations, Product Management and Engineering teams to identify, report, and resolve product issues
- Authoring, editing, publishing, and maintaining an on-line knowledge base of known issues with methodology for resolution
- Act as first tier support for Account Management Team
- Ensure publishers receive best in class service (24 hours response rate or less)
- 2+ years management experience
- Proven problem solving skills
- Analytical skills with an established approach to quantitative analysis
- Expertise within the Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Customer focused mindset, with a strong ability to form and maintain relationships
- Strong aptitude for effective, cross-functional collaboration
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate quantitative numbers into recommended actions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience using client side (browser) debug tools such as firebug or developer tools
- Organized with ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Any SQL exposure a plus
- Experience with DFP extremely helpful
Position Reports to: Director, Ad Operations
Scott Schoenberger or Brittany Tartarilla
Back to top