We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
Our Account Managers are the engines for driving successful and profitable outcomes for sovrn’s most valued asset: our publishers. They are masterful in relationship building by focusing on meeting and exceeding expectations. This team enjoys data analysis that will drive improved account performance and revenue. Team members have a unique talent to motivate all of the cross-functional internal stakeholders to creatively troubleshoot and find solutions for customers.
- Drive for month over month revenue growth for your book of business
- Focus on strengthening customer relationships by proactively adding value to their sovrn experience
- Monitor and optimize performance expectations of each account
- Daily communication about campaign performance with your publishers
- Collaborate with sovrn management on individual KPIs, account strategy, and personal development opportunities
- Deliver customer feedback to improve marketing messaging and product improvements
- Cultivate a robust knowledge of the digital advertising landscape, from programmatic and RTB campaigns to mobile, pre-roll video, skins, and Private Marketplaces
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships, specifically with Ad Operations team counterparts
- 1-2 years of experience in online advertising sales or account management
- 1-2 years experience using a CRM tool to manage productivity and performance
- Internet savvy, with strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Excel, Gmail)
- Ability to evaluate business opportunities
- Highly articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of ad serving technology, ad networks and the online advertising industry in general
- Prepared to be accountable and compensated for your own activities and results
Position Reports to: Director, Account Management
Back to top