Service Technician M3
Full-time, on call (every 3rd week). Live-on discount available (50%). Need own vehicle and valid driver's license. Must have experience working with boilers and chiller systems. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Our Maintenance Team is a truly valuable part of the Southern Management family. Maintenance Service Technicians help hundreds of people live in comfort and feel at home 365 days of the year. Knowledgeable professionals in Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Ceramic Tile, Drywall/Paint, Appliances, Roofing, Masonry and more, at Southern, every Service Technician is committed to achieving high standards for their work and results.
As a Service Technician at Southern, a typical day could include:
- Meeting with your supervisor to establish the work plan and goals for the day
- Providing needed maintenance for our residents' apartments
- Making improvements and repairs to common areas and landscaping the grounds
- Maintaining an inventory of adequate supplies, replacement parts and equipment
- Diagnosing HVAC problems and repairing/replacing components
- Ensuring that all Community structures, systems and equipment remain in good repair and in compliance with local codes and regulations
- 75 apartment-home communities on which to start and expand your career
- Truly competitive hourly rates
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our Maintenance Training Academy
- Knowledge of the current methods, practices, tools, equipment, materials and preventive maintenance used in building maintenance and repair work
- Your own tools and the use and care of the tools and equipment necessary to perform building maintenance tasks
- Good communication skills--interpersonal and written
- Ability to lift to the shoulder and carry 80 lbs.
- Knowledge of current occupational hazards, and an understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations applicable to the maintenance profession
- Ability to cultivate a positive work culture; encourage and build positive relationships with all team members, customers, and vendors; act as agent of positive change
- M-1: Minimum of 3 years primary work experience in apartment, hotel, construction or related field with Universal CSC license
- M-2: Minimum of 2 years primary work experience in apartment, hotel, construction or related field
- M-3: Minimum of 1year primary work experience in apartment, hotel, construction or related field
- M-4: 0 to 1 year related experience and/or technical training or certification
It is extra awesome if you have:
- Bilingual skills
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top