Service Technician M1
This is a full-time, on-call position. 50% live on discount available! We need someone who has reliable transportation in order to travel back and forth to both communities. We encourage those to apply that have an understanding of boiler/chiller, HVAC and air handlers. Punchout skills and experience would be great!
The Service Technician -- M-1 is the most experienced among our technicians. Skilled in resident relations and apartment-home maintenance, our M-1 Service Techs install, repair and provide upkeep to the systems and equipment that make a community operate smoothly. Bring your hands-on knowledge of Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Ceramic Tile, Drywall/Paint, Appliances, Roofing, Masonry and more to work in achieving the high standards for which Southern is known.
As a Service Tech -- M-1 at Southern, a typical day could include:
- A quick huddle with your service manager to discuss which tasks you'll handle
- Allowing a new tech to shadow you for the morning to learn how to install bi-fold doors
- Checking the status of all apartment turnovers that need to be finished today
- Working on the ceramic tile order for the next 10 apartments on the renovation schedule
- Diagnosing an HVAC problem and repairing/replacing components
- 75 apartment-home communities on which to start and expand your career
- Competitive hourly rates
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- Live-on housing discounts
- An award winning team of property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successfully completed all basic maintenance classes, M-2 and M-1 maintenance classes, and on-the-job training
- Ability to work well independently and with the team
- Good communication skills; interpersonal, verbal and written
- Ability to read and interpret prints and specifications
- Strong knowledge of all building maintenance skills, current methods, practices, tools, equipment, materials and preventative measures used in building maintenance and repair work
- Knowledge of contract requirements
- Ability to keep accurate records of time and materials
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to lift to the shoulder and carry/push 80 lbs.
- Ability to cultivate a positive work culture; encourage and build positive relationships with all team members, customers, and vendors; act as agent of positive change
- M-1: Minimum of 3 years primary work experience in apartment, hotel, construction or related field with Universal CSC license
It is extra awesome if you have:
- Bilingual skills
- Your own vehicle
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top