Service and Maintenance Positions
Locations: Maryland - Prince George's County, Montgomery County, Baltimore and Arundel County; Northern Virginia.
Our Service Maintenance Team is a valuable part of the Southern Management family. Our Service Technicians, Grounds Persons and Custodial Technicians assist hundreds of people to live comfortably and feel at home 365 days of the year. Knowledgeable professionals in everything from Electrical to Landscaping, Plumbing to Painting, Floors to Roofing, Carpentry to Masonry and more, at Southern, every Service Team Member is committed to achieving high quality results in their work.
Southern Management is always looking for ambitious, hard-working candidates for our service maintenance positions. Requirements vary from no previous experience needed to supervisory and managerial roles:
- Custodial & Grounds -- you like working with your hands and want to start a career in a hands-on profession.
- Service Tech Trainee -- you have some experience in maintenance and want to grow in the profession. You're willing to work hard, learn and prove yourself in short period of time.
- Service Technician -- about 1 year of experience in the apartment maintenance field.
- Service Manager --Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in maintenance or related field and 3+ years of hands-on maintenance experience.
All positions require high school diploma or equivalent and the ability to lift and carry or push 80 to 100 pounds.
It doesn't matter where you start. We train you to be the best at your job, to grow within the company and eventually to become a supervisor or manager, according to Southern's highest standards.
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top