Operations Engineers are the maintenance experts at Southern who go from one commercial/residential property to another and provide upkeep to the systems and equipment. They solve dozens of problems a day--HVAC, low pressure boilers, pumps, plumbing, ventilation, refrigeration and more.
If you're passionate about spotting technical problems and figuring out the solutions, we want to talk to you!
As a Operations Engineer at Southern, your typical day could include:
- Overseeing systems of varying design and application on multiple properties
- Operational responsibility for multiple boiler and/or mechanical facilities on multiple apartment home and/or commercial communities
- Ensuring uninterrupted service of major plumbing, electrical, ventilation and emergency systems for the public safety and comfort of our residents and fellow team members
- Coordinating contractor repairs by procuring and submitting proposals, and scheduling with supervisor, property manager and service manager
- Creating and maintaining a current inventory of each physical plant and mechanical room equipment indicating type, make, model and serial numbers and extent of servicing.
- 75 apartment-home communities and 1M SF of Commercial space on which to expand your career
- Competitive hourly rates
- Mileage reimbursement or company vehicle
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average (see all the details below)
- An award winning team of property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working with boilers, chillers, pumps and other mechanical systems
- Mathematical ability to perform necessary calculations for the repair or installation of equipment
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications and technical manuals
- A thorough knowledge of hand and power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments
- General working knowledge of heat exchangers, gages, heating/cooling units, refrigeration and ventilation equipment, plumbing fixtures and appurtenances, and total systems such as: plumbing, HVAC, two and four-pipe heating/cooling and steam distribution
- Ability to repair or replace all piping (water or steam), plumbing fixtures and appurtenances or other maintenance requirements
- Ability to supervise assertively
- Knowledge of occupational and materials hazards and understanding of the necessary safety precautions
- Working knowledge of water treatment equipment, its use, and the addition of chemicals to maintain proper limits to prevent deposits and protect physical assets
- Ability to recognize, establish and deal with priorities promptly, and plan ahead for emergencies
- Must obtain and maintain all federal, state and local licensure as required by law, the minimum being a 2nd grade stationary engineer's license.
The Benefit of Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include:
Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top