Southern's IT department is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team. Do you like solving problems, providing excellent customer service and working in different locations? Do you have previous networking experience? Looking to expand your experience and skill set? If you answered yes to any of the previous questions then this position may be for you!!
The team is looking for a team oriented, hands-on, "can do" attitude individual that also meets the following criteria:
• 5 years progressive experience with installation and support of voice, data and video hardware and software.
• Experience with Windows Server and Microsoft desktop support; switching, routing, and firewall experience.
• Hotel Experience a plus
• Maestro PMS Experience is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage system connectivity so all users can access applications; entails a high level of systems analysis, design and programming.
• Manage remote access capabilities so properties can access capabilities so properties can access applications
• High level system maintenance, installation and replacement of hardware
• Manage system performance so all users can access the applications
• Set-up and maintenance of all corporate and community PC's (or coordinate with vendors)
• Configure PC's correctly to operate all the application each user is running
• Perform data backup and recovery process as needed
• Install and monitor network virus detection software
• Respond to support requests from Help Desk
• Resolve calls over the phone if possible
• Provide support for Help Desk as needed
• Maintain and update STARcard
• Assist with general Yardi support needed by communities/departments
• Update and maintain Intranet and provide support and training for department administrators
• Contribute to the team's effort by accomplishing tasks and assisting with projects as needed
• Comply with all Southern Management's policies and procedures
• Perform various other duties as assigned by Director and/or Supervisor
• Excellent problem solving abilities in time sensitive environment
• Ability to coordinate & prioritize multiple activities under a variety of conditions
• Strong understanding of Microsoft products in a networked environment
• Understanding of Windows operations and other network software products
• Effective communicator with the ability to translate technical solutions into easy to follow end user instructions
• A+/A+ Network Certification/MCSE/CCNA
Back to top