Hotel Shuttle Driver/Bell Person
The Hotel at the University of Maryland will open in September!
Must have a valid driver's license. This position's start date will be in August.
Why choose Southern Management?
At Southern we provide the second most essential thing that every person needs whether it's to create a family, achieve professional success or simply enjoy life -- a roof over their head. We are a 50+ years old privately-owned company that invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential, commercial and hospitality real estate in the Mid-Atlantic. Our portfolio includes more than 74 apartment communities, 6 office buildings and 3 hotels across Maryland and Northern Virginia. "At Southern - people come first!" and we stand by it with our three biggest priorities: Team Member Empowerment, Above & Beyond Customer Service, and Giving Back in ways that matter.
What you will be doing:
- Safely and efficiently transporting guests and team members to local destinations
- Proceeding with the most direct, safe and sensible route for all transport
- Ensuring vehicles meet all safety and security protocols
- Ensuring all traffic laws are obeyed while operating company vehicle
- Assisting passengers during the loading and unloading process
- Ensuring and assisting with safe transport of luggage from and to the vehicle
- Ensuring the vehicles interior and exterior is clean, and vehicle is fueled
- Assisting guests with local knowledge regarding, lodging and area attractions
- Assisting with transport of guests luggage to and from guests room when necessary
- Communicating effectively when shuttle emergencies or repairs occur or are needed
- Completing all required logs and paperwork
- Responding to guest inquiries regarding all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities
What you will bring to the table:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Basic knowledge of local routes
- Ability to follow traffic laws and regulations, avoid accidents and adapt to new and existing weather and traffic conditions
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds or more
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compute basic arithmetic and mathematical calculations
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction
- Availability during peak operating times, ie: Weekends, Holidays and Special Events
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top