Hotel Sales Manager
The Hotel at The University of Maryland will open in July!
Why choose Southern Management?
At Southern we provide the second most essential thing that every person needs whether it's to create a family, achieve professional success or simply enjoy life -- a roof over their head. We are a 50+ years old privately-owned company that invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential, commercial and hospitality real estate in the Mid-Atlantic. Our portfolio includes more than 74 apartment communities, 6 office buildings and 3 hotels across Maryland and Northern Virginia. "At Southern - people come first!" and we stand by it with our three biggest priorities: Team Member Empowerment, Above & Beyond Customer Service, and Giving Back in ways that matter.
As Sales Manager you will get to:
- Actively prospect & qualify new business
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections and off-site presentations for potential clients
- Participate in appropriate organizations, networking events and attend trade shows per market segment
- Negotiate guest room rates and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines
- Accurately produce and review all sales contracts, rate agreements
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
- Produce monthly sales related reports & sales forecasts for assigned areas of responsibility
- Assist in the Annual Marketing Plan and budget preparation
What we have for you:
- 2 High-profile hotels and 75 apartment-home communities on which to expand your career
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of hospitality/property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
What you will bring to the table:
- One to three years demonstrated sales experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in relevant field preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of industry software systems -- Roommaster, Seriousware, Visual One, Delphi, Meeting Matrix, etc., preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top