Hotel Laundry Attendant
PARt-TIME. Must be able to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays.
Why choose Southern Management and the Hotel at the University of Maryland?
At Southern, we provide the second most essential thing that every person needs, whether it's to create a family, achieve professional success or simply enjoy life -- a roof over their head. We are a 50+ year old privately-owned company that invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential, commercial and hospitality real estate in the Mid-Atlantic. Our portfolio includes more than 74 apartment communities, 1 million square feet of commercial space and 3 hotels across Maryland and Northern Virginia. "At Southern - people come first!" and we stand by it with our three biggest priorities: Team Member Empowerment, Above & Beyond Customer Service, and Giving Back in ways that matter.
The Hotel at the University of Maryland is a top-notch boutique hotel in a completely new building, with right-from-the-shelf equipment and appliances -- just a pleasure to work with! The HUMD team will be a 150+ people helping with the opening of the hotel and pioneering operations on the new grounds.
If you are already excited with the possibility of opening and running the new hotel with our team then read on!
What you will be doing:
- Operating all laundry machines and adding designated chemicals in accordance with specified amounts, times and temperatures for the particular articles to be washed
- Monitoring usage of chemicals and water to maximize consumption
- Separating soiled bed linen/terry/food and beverage table linens; bundling and documenting amounts of each bundle
- Sorting all stained/damaged items and determining status for rewash or discard; maintaining continuous inventory of discard items
- Operating the ironing and folder machines. Checking the cleanliness and condition of articles while processing through the machines; separating damaged/stained articles
- Documenting and processing guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and designated management garments
- Reporting faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to supervisor
- Adhering to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations
What you will bring to the table:
- Availability during peak operating times, i.e.: Weekends, Holidays and Special Events
- Knowledge of laundry/dry cleaning equipment and chemical handling
- Knowledge of finishing techniques for all types of fabrics
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Ability to lift/carry at least 75 pounds
- Push/pull carts or equipment up to 250 pounds
- Ability to reach above head and shoulder height to perform job duties
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 or more hours in length
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic and mathematical calculations
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top