Hotel Kitchen Steward
Southern Management's Hotel Division is looking for an ambitious, hard-working enthusiast who wants to start a career in one of the best kitchens in the DC Metro Area and learn from industry masters.
Our Kitchen Steward is a Mr./Ms. Clean with an "I got it!" attitude. S/he is a stickler for details, who won't miss a spot, double-checks everything and finds work well done truly satisfying. If this seems like an accurate description of who you are, then we want to talk to you!
As a Kitchen Steward, a typical day might include the following:
- Attending the team meeting for a review the day's scheduled food events from the Chef
- Supervising the loading, return and sanitizing of banquet carts
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment, tools, fixtures and kitchen/service areas
- Assisting the Banquet Servers with trays serving guests
- Collecting and/or disposing of all waste, trash and recyclables according to established hotel procedures
- High-profile hotels and 75 apartment-home communities on which to expand your career
- Truly competitive hourly rates
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of hospitality/property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
- High school diploma/GED.
- Schedule flexibility to work any five of seven days of the week and various shifts
- Previous experience in a hospitality or food and beverage environment preferred
- Ability to rotate to different parts of the kitchen and temporary tasks within the Hotel
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic and mathematical calculations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include:
Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top