Hotel Front Desk Clerk
Modified full-time (30-39 hours per week). Must have a flexible schedule to work any day of the week including weekends, holidays and shifts (day, evening, overnight).
"At Southern Management, people come first" and our Front Desk Hotel Clerks live this principle every minute of every day. The Front Desk team enjoys helping people, going out of their way to create the best experience for guests and residents--making them feel right at home.
Daily, Front Desk Clerks communicate with hundreds of people in person, by phone and via email: we answer questions, provide information for current and prospective guests, refer all incoming concerns to appropriate members of the team, build friendly relationships with guests and serve as brand ambassadors of Southern Management's Hotel Division.
As a Front Desk Clerk, a typical day might include the following:
- Making, confirming and canceling guest reservations
- Ensuring cleanliness of front desk and office area (i.e., clean up, package dispersing, dust free, etc.)
- Answering department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Accurately, efficiently and professionally processing all guest check-ins and check-outs
- Handling overbooked or "walked" guests
- Accepting and recording wake-up call requests
- Monitoring, sending and distributing guest faxes
- Communicating pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
- Resolving discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
- Acknowledging all guests and responding promptly to their needs, however busy and whatever time of day.
- 75 apartment-home communities on which to start and expand your career
- Competitive hourly rates
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
- Some college or training in the Hospitality industry preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. [Associates] degree in relevant field preferred
- Previous experience as a Front Desk Agent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to stand for 8 or more hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compute basic arithmetic and mathematical calculations
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction
- Technical knowledgeable and competency in necessary systems and software: - [Outlook, Word, Excel, accounting software, Roommaster, Seriousware, Visual One, Delphi, Meeting Matrix, etc]
- Availability during peak operating times, ie: Weekends, Holidays and Special Events
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include:
Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top