Hotel Cook I
Modified full-time (30-39 hours per week). Must be flexible to work any day of the week and shift. Must be able to work holidays.
Southern Management and The Hotel at Arundel Preserve are looking for an ambitious, hard-working professional who wants to grow her/his career in one of the best kitchens in the DC Metro Area and learn from industry masters.
Our Cooks are culinary enthusiasts with an "I got it!" attitude. S/he is a stickler for details, who strives for a perfection and finds work well done truly satisfying. If this seems like an accurate description of who you are, then we want to talk to you!
As a Cook, a typical day might include the following:
- Following recipes and cooking techniques
- Completing opening and closing duties
- Doing the prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day
- Communicating any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef/Executive Chef to ensure optimum service to guests
- Maintaining proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- High-profile hotel (and 2 new hotels coming up) and 75 apartment-home communities on which to expand your career
- Truly competitive hourly rates
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of hospitality/property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Flexibility to work any day of the week and any shift; Ability to work holidays
- Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship preferred
-  years of hospitality experience preferred
- [Associates] degree in relevant field preferred
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Ability to follow directions thoroughly
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic and mathematical calculations
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top