Hotel Conference Services Manager
The Hotel at the University of Maryland will open in August!
This position's start date will be in June.
The Conference Manager is a team oriented, creative individual with proven experience as a leader. Our Conference Manager will work with outside vendors and various Hotel departments to plan, reserve, and execute amazing experiences for conference group guests. Dreaming up creative menus, banquet hall set-ups and guest activities is all in a day's work for this driven professional!
The Conference Manager will get to:
- Create innovative and unique menus, banquet hall set-ups and functions for conference guests
- Actively participate in various industry-related organizations
- Show off their strong sales and closing skills in working with customers to book events
- Work interdepartmentally with the kitchen, management and other hotel teams to ensure a seamless, fun and exciting guest experience
- Work with outside vendors to ensure the best possible customer experience
- Promote ongoing partnerships, referrals and repeat customers through active relationship building and exceeding expectations
- Meet and exceed planner satisfaction scores
- Arrange special events, site inspections and off-site presentations to draw in and sign customers
- Plan and create exciting and functional floorplans for events
- Produce detailed group resumes weekly for all events
- Assist with Marketing and Budgeting plans for the department
- Lead by example and encourage teamwork and team engagement
- Attend various industry meetings as a liaison for Southern Management
- Acknowledge and respond to all guest concerns and questions in a timely and professional manner
A qualified candidate will already have:
- 2 years demonstrated related sales experience at a similar size and quality hotel
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning
- Organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Sound leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction
- Technical knowledgeable and competency in necessary systems and software: [Outlook, Word, Excel, accounting software, Visual One, Delphi, etc]
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top