Hotel Catering Sales Manager
Be a part of our opening team at The Hotel at University of Maryland! The hotel will open in August.
Why choose Southern Management?
At Southern we provide the second most essential thing that every person needs whether it's to create a family, achieve professional success or simply enjoy life -- a roof over their head. We are a 50+ years old privately-owned company that invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential, commercial and hospitality real estate in the Mid-Atlantic. Our portfolio includes more than 74 apartment communities, 6 office buildings and 3 hotels across Maryland and Northern Virginia. "At Southern - people come first!" and we stand by it with our three biggest priorities: Team Member Empowerment, Above & Beyond Customer Service, and Giving Back in ways that matter.
As Sales Catering Manager you will get to:
- Actively identify, confirm and qualify new business for the hotel
- Regularly attend industry meetings and networking events to identify new business and be aware of industry trends
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients
- Negotiate food and beverage and guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines
- Accurately produce and/or review all catering contracts, and/or banquet and event orders
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
- Be a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful event and to generate repeat business
- Ensure proper collection of funds for events, both directly with the client and with the accounting team
- Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts
What we have for you:
- 2 High-profile hotels and 75 apartment-home communities on which to expand your career
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of hospitality/property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
What you will bring to the table:
- 1-3 years demonstrated catering sales experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in relevant field preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of industry systems and software -- accounting, Roommaster, Seriousware, Visual One, Delphi, Meeting Matrix, etc., preferred
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top