The Hotel at the University of Maryland will open in September!
Why choose Southern Management?
At Southern we provide the second most essential thing that every person needs whether it's to create a family, achieve professional success or simply enjoy life -- a roof over their head. We are a 50+ years old privately-owned company that invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential, commercial and hospitality real estate in the Mid-Atlantic. Our portfolio includes more than 74 apartment communities, 6 office buildings and 3 hotels across Maryland and Northern Virginia. "At Southern - people come first!" and we stand by it with our three biggest priorities: Team Member Empowerment, Above & Beyond Customer Service, and Giving Back in ways that matter.
What you will be doing:
- Cut, slice and peel perishables garnishes and fruits, mix and pour juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business
- Retrieve orders from store room.
- Check and assist Bartenders in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies for both the immediate bar and extended service area
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with Health code standards
- Transport taps, replace and perform routine maintenance requirements on heavy beer kegs
- Clean and sanitize all tables and chairs in the lounge
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar/ lounge on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of supplies, condiments
- Abide by all state federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcohol
- Check identification of guests ensuring alcohol is being served only to those patrons of legal drinking age
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Manager and/or Supervisor
What you will bring to the table:
- 1 years demonstrated food and beverage experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. [Associates] degree in relevant field preferred
- Availability during peak operating times, ie: Weekends, Holidays and Special Events
- Must have alcohol training certification (TAM/TIPS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compute basic arithmetic and mathematical calculations
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top