Full-time, every 3rd weekend. Requires heavy lifting. Excellent customer care skills, attention to detail. Driver’s license preferred.
Our Service Maintenance Team is a truly valuable part of the Southern Management family. Our Grounds Persons assist hundreds of people to live comfortably and feel at home 365 days of the year. At Southern, every Service Team Member is committed to achieving high quality results in their work.
Southern Management is always looking for ambitious, hard-working candidates for our service maintenance positions. Requirements vary from no previous experience needed to supervisory and managerial roles:
- Custodial & Grounds — you like working with your hands and want to start a career in a hands-on profession.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with fellow team members and the public.
- Knowledge of the occupational safety hazards and necessary safety precautions and regulations applicable to the custodial trade.
- Working knowledge of landscaping, lawn care, and shrubbery/plant upkeep.
- Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform, various grounds keeping tasks including preventative maintenance as it related to a grounds persons responsibility.
- Ability to lift and carry or push 80 lbs to 100 pounds.
It doesn’t matter where you start. We train you to be the best at your job, to grow within the company and eventually to become a supervisor or manager, according to Southern’s highest standards.
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Special Projects Coordinator
Be-Be collaborates with teams across the entire Southern Management portfolio to coordinate resident outreach and initiative programs for all communities.
Back to top