Garage Asset Manager
Southern Management Corporation seeks a full-time PARKING ASSET MANAGER to join our Commercial Team in Vienna, VA.
This is a full-time position — 40+ hours per week. Job includes a full benefits package and advancement opportunities in a well-established, stable company. SMC is a recent recipient of The Washington Post’s “Top Work Places,” Washingtonian Magazine “Great Places to Work,” the Baltimore Sun “Top Work Places,” and the Baltimore Magazine “The 25 Best Places to Work” awards.
- Manage, evaluate, plan, organize and report on asset usage, financial performance, operations, internal audit controls and maintenance
- Oversee a third party parking management company, and supervise all daily operations to ensure a continuous and efficient operation of all parking facilities
- Develop and recommend annual budgets for all parking facilities
- Review financial performance of all budgets on a monthly basis
- Prepare and submit monthly parking operating budget variance reports and review all expenses for accuracy
- Develop and administer parking regulations, pricing and procedures, traffic code and other parking policies for facilities (to include environmental, preventative safety, safety and security procedures)
- Oversee the contracting and performance of all repairs and maintenance as needed to ensure a continuous and efficient operation of all parking facilities
- Develop and monitor parking facility budget(s) and set both short and long range goals to exceed budget(s) and leverage assets
- Develop, implement and report on marketing strategies and statistics to maximize the value and return on assets
- Maintenance and operation of the parking equipment systems, entrance gates, access control systems, pay on exit stations, and revenue control software at all parking facilities
- Maintain convenient, safe, clean and cost effective parking facilities in compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, regulations, ordinances, standards and protocols
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid motor vehicle license throughout employment
Education & Experience Required:
Requires high school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferably in public administration, business administration, or related discipline preferred. Three to five years related experience in asset management, parking administration or parking industry. Applicability of education or job experience as a substitute for the other may be considered. Knowledge of applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances related to daily garage operations, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point). Experience and knowledge in the Antenna field is a plus.
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Special Projects Coordinator
Be-Be collaborates with teams across the entire Southern Management portfolio to coordinate resident outreach and initiative programs for all communities.
Back to top