Part-time. Must be able to work any day of the week including weekends, holidays, etc. Must be flexible to work any shift- day, evening, late-nights.
Southern Management's Hotel Division is seeking ambitious, hard-working professionals who want to grow their careers in one of the best boutique hotels in the DC Metro Area.
Our Banquet Servers are driven enthusiasts with an "I got it!" attitude. Polite, patient, careful professionals, who strive for perfection and find providing mind-blowing customer service truly satisfying. If this seems like an accurate description of who you are, then we want to talk to you!
As a Banquet Server, a typical day might include the following:
- Greeting guests as they arrive and assisting them with seating.
- Serving all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to guests.
- Setting up, monitoring, refreshing and breaking down coffee breaks, receptions and buffet tables.
- Completing pre-function side work
- Monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Providing guests with suggestions using your knowledge of all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities.
- High-profile hotels and 75 apartment-home communities on which to expand your career
- Truly competitive hourly rates
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of hospitality/property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service, Russian service, Family style service, Butler style service).
- Ability to lift 75lbs or more
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Availability during peak operating times, ie: Weekends, Holidays and Special Events
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction
- Ability to stand and walk for full length of assigned shift (8 or more hours)
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic and mathematical calculations
- Organized and detail oriented approach
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top