Must be flexible to work any day of the week including weekends, holidays and shifts (day, evening, late-night).
Why choose Southern Management and our Hotels?
At Southern we provide the second most essential thing that every person needs whether it's to create a family, achieve professional success or simply enjoy life -- a roof over their head. We are a 50+ years old privately-owned company that invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential, commercial and hospitality real estate in the Mid-Atlantic. Our portfolio includes more than 74 apartment communities, 6 office buildings and 3 hotels across Maryland and Northern Virginia. "At Southern - people come first!" and we stand by it with our three biggest priorities: Team Member Empowerment, Above & Beyond Customer Service, and Giving Back in ways that matter.
What you will be doing:
- Performing all Job Duties required of a Banquet Server
- Supervising all Banquet team members professionally and effectively
- Effectively creating department schedules to ensure efficient service
- Verbally communicating in a calm, positive manner during the course of the event with the Culinary, Catering Sales Team, and host and banquet staff to ensure timely execution of events.
- Preparing banquet re-caps with accuracy for the accounting purposes
- Acknowledging all guests and responding promptly to their needs, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Being familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities and responding to guest inquiries accurately
- Controlling quality of all food served
- Ordering and receiving banquet supplies
- Consistently conducting department line-ups and doing the daily check-in
- Conducting monthly inventory
What will you bring to the table:
- 3 years of hotel banquet experience
- Supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Availability during peak operating times, ie: Weekends, Holidays and Special Events
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Ability to lift/transport at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top