Administrative Assistant A2-A1
This is a full-time position, weekends are included. We're looking for someone who has office experience and is detail-oriented. If you're organized and a self-starter, this is the perfect position for you! Make sure to bring that great smile and excellent customer service skills! Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Being an Administrative Assistant at Southern means that a lot of people depend on your work, skillset and personality. Every day you coordinate multiple tasks that require you to be high energy and people-oriented while staying patient and focused. Whether welcoming visitors, meeting reporting deadlines or ordering new equipment -- the Administrative Assistant is on top of every process and task to allow the entire office/community to operate at its best.
If this seems like an accurate description of who you are, then we want to talk to you!
As Administrative Assistant, a typical day might include:
- Providing assistance to the management team
- Scheduling appointments and receiving visitors
- Ordering supplies and maintaining equipment
- Creating reports and presentations
- Managing payroll
- Serving as communication agent between the team and other Divisions
- Managing schedules for conference and community rooms
- 75 apartment-home communities, 2 hotels and ski resort on which to start and expand your career
- Truly competitive hourly rates
- Comprehensive benefits that are way above the industry average
- An award winning team of property management professionals to work and learn with
- Career growth and top industry training in our corporate university
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- High level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft® Office Suite
- Ability to handle emergency situations with poise and sensitivity
- A-1: Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a professional environment
- A-2: Minimum of 1 year relevant experience in a professional environment
- A-5: Less than 1 year relevant experience in a work environment
Extra awesome if you have:
- Previous experience with Yardi
The Benefit of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Dollars back on eye exams, lenses and frames
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include:
Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status and benefits differ depending on whether your status is full-time (40 hrs/week), modified full-time (30-39 hrs/week), or part-time (1-29 hrs/week). All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
Meet Some of Southern Management Corporation's Employees
Christian facilitates the entire leasing process, from matching prospective residents with the perfect apartment to supporting needs and solving issues throughout the term of the tenancy.
Back to top