SoundHound is leading the mobile sound search revolution. Join us.
SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way. Our flagship app for iPhone and Android recently won the most competitive category in Billboard's inaugural Music App Awards, and achieved top-ten honors from the New York Times, becoming the only music app to do so.
At SoundHound you'll be joining a diverse, world-class group of engineers, scientists, designers, and marketers on a team that includes both recent grads and seasoned veterans. Our strongest academic ties are with Stanford, and prior industry stops for our team members include Apple, Google, Amazon, Oracle, and Sony.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours. In vino veritas!
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and even occasional visits from recording artists (recently including Seal). SoundHound is an equal opportunity employer.
The Visual Designer works closely under the supervision of more senior designers, who will provide mentoring in design conception and implementation. The Visual Designer is assigned all visual content projects (icons, illustrations, compositing) within the product design team. They will work on projects with clearly defined objectives and timelines. Helps with design proposals and collaborates with senior staff, executing revisions based on their feedback. They also work closely with the senior design staff and engineers to address product issues (asset creation, bugs, edge cases, etc). A Visual Designer adheres to best design practices and strives to deliver work on schedule. The Visual Designer serves as a production resource for the team, helping out where needs are, learning from the whole design team.
- Design one or more of SoundHound consumer facing products (Mobile, Software, Web, and Beyond!)
- Create memorable visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity
- Prototype and test interface designs with users, then translate findings into effective design solutions
- Clearly communicate design rationale and tradeoffs to key stakeholders
- Solidify and maintain SoundHound product and brand guidelines across products & platforms
- Assist with the design and execution of product content materials (icons, illustrations, compositing, photo retouching)
- BA/BS degree in Design or similar background or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years professional experience working on visual interface design, design systems and working within brand guidelines
- Portfolio that showcases a wide range of branded experiences (web, desktop, mobile, other)
- Strong eye for layout, typography, color, and composition
- Strong attention to detail and design consistency
- Experience working on a live product in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Zeplin).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Experience bringing visual designs to life with micro-interactions such as motion graphics, animation effects and transitions
- Practical experience with rapid prototyping
- A collaborative, “no ego” approach to design
How to Apply:
Send us your resume, electronic portfolio, and cover letter explaining why you belong at SoundHound.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top