Technical Program Manager - Speech Systems
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
Join our growing engineering team by playing a key role in advancing our Speech Recognition technologies. Work closely with our existing management team to coordinate the efforts of a core group of engineers focused on statistical machine learning, speech recognition algorithms, and acoustic modeling. Sync-up regularly with each engineer and ask the right questions to ensure systems and code bases remain robust and projects progress appropriately. You will be in constant contact with other parts of the global SoundHound team as well as interfacing directly with major external partners.
You will be joining a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for an accomplished hands-on engineer who is excited by the challenge of helping us evolve our current organizational structure into something more scalable while proactively advocating for the things that make engineers love coming to work every day.
- Own and maintain roadmaps for the engineering team’s projects
- Coordinate timelines, identify risks, and convey priorities to engineers
- Interface with internal teams and external partners to drive projects forward
- Clearly communicate goals and status updates to project stakeholders
- Facilitate deep dives on key architectural decisions, evaluating trade-offs and risks
- Hands-on experience as a software engineer (3+ years preferred) in a *nix environment
- Track record of technical program management for complex systems at scale
- Adept at managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to release
- Experience interfacing with non-technical teams and external partners
- BS in CS, EE, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, MS preferred
- Prior exposure to Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Data Curation, or related technologies
- Prior experience coordinating software development efforts across multiple locations
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA
Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you'd like a job at SoundHound in particular!
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top