Technical Program Manager - Speech Systems
About the Role:
You will work closely with our existing management team to execute on tasks and projects with our engineering teams, syncing up regularly with engineers and managers to ensure on-track delivery of projects. You will also drive regular coordination with other teams (product/design, client-side engineering, sales & marketing) and external partners.
You will be joining a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for someone who is excited by the challenge of helping us evolve our current organizational structure into something more scalable while proactively advocating for the things that make engineers love coming to work every day.
We are looking across all ranges of experience, from less than one year to a seasoned engineer with many years of project or program management under their belt.
- Coordinate timelines, identify risks, and convey priorities to engineers and their managers
- Facilitate deep dives on key architectural decisions, taking into account trade-offs and risk-mitigation
- Clearly communicate goals and status updates to project stakeholders
- Ensure that issues are tracked and receive appropriate follow-up
- Work cross-functionally with product management, sales, marketing, and external partners to ensure projects are delivered on-time
- Solid foundational knowledge of client-server applications
- Awareness of common engineering pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Ability to prioritize what's really important in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to ensure items don't “fall through the cracks” while working on multiple projects
- Excellent people skills, ability to establish credibility and get things done
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience interfacing with non-technical teams and external partners
- Familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA
- Prior start-up experience
- Exposure to audio, search, mobile, and related technologies
How to apply:
Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you'd like a job at SoundHound in particular!
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top