Technical Program Manager, Natural Language Understanding
- Berlin, Germany
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
About the Job
You will work closely with our existing management, internal engineering, and contract engineering teams across different geo-locations to execute on tasks and projects for our partners. You will also drive regular coordination as needed with other non-technical teams, such as business development, data curation, and legal, to ensure smooth delivery for both technical and non-technical aspects of a project.
You will be joining a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for someone who is excited by the challenge of scaling our current organizational structure while proactively advocating for our engineers so that they love coming to work every day.
What you will be doing
- Coordinate timelines, identify risks and convey priorities from external partners to our internal and contract engineering teams
- Facilitate deep dives on key architectural decisions with both internal and external engineering teams, taking into account trade-offs and mitigating risks
- Clearly communicate goals and status updates to project stakeholders
What you bring
- Experience in working with external partners and customers, appropriately translating requirements into tasks for engineers
- Strong organizational skills across geographic areas, experience communicating with distributed teams across timezones, attention to detail, and ability to ensure items don't “fall through the cracks”
- Solid foundational knowledge of client-server applications
- Basic German language proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA
- Experience working with contract engineering teams
- Prior start-up experience
- Exposure to audio, search, mobile, and related technologies
Back to top