Software Engineer, Voice AI Diagnostics
- Berlin, Germany
This role is part of our Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) Diagnostics team. You would be responsible for automating the ASR Diagnostics process by developing various software tools. These tools would help identify the algorithmic changes needed to address accuracy issues. This role provides a great opportunity to develop an understanding of different ASR system components and their functionality. You would play a critical role in improving our German ASR system.
What you will do
- Build software tools for speech recognition diagnostics
- Automate and scale speech system diagnostics across multiple languages
- Analyze speech system errors, find patterns, and identify the root cause
- Collaborate with other teams to implement solutions
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative fields like Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Advanced level fluency in written and spoken German
- Good problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to write good quality code in Python, Java, or C++
- Good communication skills
Even better if you have
- Master’s degree in quantitative fields like Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of speech recognition
- Professional level fluency in multiple languages
- Knowledge of linguistics and phonology
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
Back to top