Software Engineer - Tools Developer
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
- You will work as a key part of a small, collaborative team building tools and technology to empower our developers and drive the next generation of our core platform
- You will perform tasks touching all parts of the code; from implementing quality-of-life improvements & fixing bugs in the front-end to refactoring code & optimizing algorithms in the back-end
- You will perform code reviews and provide feedback on design and implementation to help improve the codebase
- Proficient in c++
- Familiar with regular expressions and related concepts such as formal languages
- Familiar with Unix-like operating systems (Linux, Mac OSX, etc)
- Interest in or experience with developing compilers & related tools
- Interest in or experience with build systems, operations, and deployment
- BS/MS in computer science or related field
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to modern c++ (up to and including c++17)
- Exposure to multi-threaded concepts and paradigms
- Interest in or exposure to profiling and optimization
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
Back to top