Software Engineer - Speech Recognition and NLU (C++/Hound)
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
- Leverage your C++ skills, and your ability to rapidly become proficient in a new programming paradigm
- Implement, scale, and maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm and design challenges
- You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app and Houndify platform
- Excellent coding skills in C++ and at least one scripting language
- Ability to design efficient and robust algorithms
- Ability to work on hard open-ended challenges, and improve existing solutions
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience with speech recognition and related fields
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party API's
- Fluent in additional languages such as:
Spanish, French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top