Software Engineer - Foreign Languages
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be implementing functionality similar to what you see in these videos:
You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years.
We’ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. These user experiences will be showcased within our Hound app, and made available to other developers via the Houndify platform, enabling them to power billions of devices and applications.
Your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
- You are fluent in at least one of these languages: French, German, Italian, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish, or Portuguese
- You are excited about being one of the first people to become proficient in a new programming paradigm.
- Your dream job involves building/owning the systems that improve the lives of millions of users every day.
- You view coding as an art form, and your love of coding is second only to your love of deprecating even more code.
- You notice opportunities to improve the end user experience and are proactive about getting the details right.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
- Proficient in C/C++ and at least one scripting language
- Excellent algorithms skills, and ability to write efficient code
- Strong English language communication skills
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with third-party APIs or datasets
- Experience working in a client-server Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
- Familiarity with text search and related systems
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
Back to top