Software Engineer - C++/Hound
- Beijing, China
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
About the Role:
- Leverage your C++ skills, and your ability to rapidly become proficient in a new programming paradigm
- Implement, scale, and maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm and design challenges
- You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app and Houndify platform
- Excellent coding skills in C++ and at least one scripting language
- Ability to design efficient and robust algorithms
- Ability to work on hard open-ended challenges, and improve existing solutions
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience with speech recognition and related fields
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party API's
- Fluent in additional languages such as:
Spanish, French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
Back to top