Software Engineer - C++/Hound
About the Role:
In this role, you will be implementing functionality similar to what you see in these videos:
You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years.
We’ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. These user experiences will be showcased within our Hound app, and made available to other developers via the Houndify platform, enabling them to power billions of devices and applications.
Your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
- Leverage your C++ skills, and your ability to rapidly become proficient in a new programming paradigm
- Implement, scale, and maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm and design challenges
- You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app and Houndify platform
- Excellent coding skills in C++ and at least one scripting language
- Ability to design efficient and robust algorithms
- Ability to work on hard open-ended challenges, and improve existing solutions
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience with speech recognition and related fields
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party API's
- Fluent in additional languages such as: Spanish, French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top