Software Engineer - C++ Algorithms
- Toronto, Canada
Algorithms are at the heart of what we do here at SoundHound. In our mission to make audio-based searching as accurate, cost-effective, and scalable as text-based searching, we have re-invented many wheels, sometimes turning conventional search wisdom on it's head, and often solving problems that have never had scalable solutions before (such as our sing/hum based search engine). In this role, you'll be part of a small and highly talented team working on evolving our speech recognition technologies, and continuing to innovate at an industry-leading pace.
- You love algorithms, and the challenge of writing scalable solutions to complex problems
- You are a fast learner, with strong coding skills which enable you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing maintainable code
- You enjoy being part of a small team and wearing multiple hats
- You love working on open ended problems that have never been solved before
- Lots of hands-on coding, testing, and scripting in a linux environment
- Design and implement algorithmic solutions to non-trivial problems
- Analyze and improve existing algorithmic solutions (making them faster and more accurate)
- Learn new domains quickly when necessary
- Experience writing code in a context where efficiency matters
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Deep grasp of algorithms and data-structures, with ability to innovate
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages
- Strong command of Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with search/relevance algorithms
- Exposure to Natural Language Processing and related concepts
- Exposure to speech recognition related concepts
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
Back to top