Software Engineer - C++ Algorithms
Algorithms are at the heart of what we do here at SoundHound. In our mission to make audio-based searching as accurate, cost-effective, and scalable as text-based searching, we have re-invented many wheels, sometimes turning conventional search wisdom on it's head, and often solving problems that have never had scalable solutions before (such as our sing/hum based search engine). In this role, you'll be part of a small and highly talented team working on evolving our speech recognition technologies, and continuing to innovate at an industry-leading pace.
- You love algorithms, and the challenge of writing scalable solutions to complex problems
- You are a fast learner, with strong coding skills which enable you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing maintainable code
- You enjoy being part of a small team and wearing multiple hats
- You love working on open ended problems that have never been solved before
- Lots of hands-on coding, testing, and scripting in a linux environment
- Design and implement algorithmic solutions to non-trivial problems
- Analyze and improve existing algorithmic solutions (making them faster and more accurate)
- Learn new domains quickly when necessary
- Experience writing code in a context where efficiency matters
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Deep grasp of algorithms and data-structures, with ability to innovate
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages
- Strong command of Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with search/relevance algorithms
- Exposure to Natural Language Processing and related concepts
- Exposure to speech recognition related concepts
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
Mission: Houndify everything.
Back to top