Software Engineer, Audio Processing (C++)
- Toronto, Canada
SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
One challenge in automatic speech recognition (ASR) is the issue of receiving noisy audio on our servers. While there are server-side mitigation methods, being able to address noise at the source will result in better ASR performance. You will be able to help us reach our goal of vertical integration by adding the ability to conduct client-side audio processing to our suite of speech technologies.
We value the creativity that comes from our diverse backgrounds. Work hours are flexible but are looking for someone whose work would overlap a few hours with the existing team in California.
In this role you will:
- Develop high impact, on-device, audio processing software for our comprehensive AI platform with a potential to reach two billion end users
- Create a cross-platform library for client-side audio handling
- Write platform-agnostic software
- Work with diverse audio platforms and hardware
- Stay up to date with the state-of-the-art in client-side audio processing techniques
We would love to hear from you if:
- You graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative discipline
- You gravitate to complicated research areas and detailed, low-level programming work
- You enjoy working on digital signal processing (DSP) problems such as echo cancellation, beam-forming, and noise cancellation
- You are well-versed with algorithms and data structures
- You take pride in writing production-level C++ code in a Linux environment
- You are comfortable writing scripts in Bash and Python
- You are familiar with MATLAB
We’d be especially excited if you are familiar with compiler design and various build systems. Also, be sure to let us know if you have experience working with hardware and device drivers.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
Back to top