Social Media Marketing Manager
SoundHound Inc. is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life.
After amassing a global user community well over 265 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products…we’re just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
We’re looking for a creative self-starter to lead our social media presence from Santa Clara and/or San Francisco. The Social Media Manager is responsible for all aspects of SoundHound Inc.’s social media activities, including content planning + creation, management, execution, tracking across all channels. The right candidate is comfortable with working autonomously and is excited by the opportunity to work on multiple products + partnership opportunities across both music and tech.
- Manage social media marketing channels, content, campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Curate relevant content to reach the audience most likely to engage, work with and/or advocate on behalf of our brands
- Plan and manage the publishing calendar, social objectives, messaging, writing posts, sourcing or creating the visual images for these posts, aligning to the overall product and marketing plan
- Implement best practices for social listening, uploading, tagging, reporting, and optimization of channels
- Grow engagement, reach, and impact through proactive campaigns and management
- Direct our creative team to produce exciting, eye-catching social graphics – having design experience on your own is a plus
- Analyze relevant data and produce weekly reports on recent social activity, providing insights and recommendations as needed
- Partner with internal and external teams as needed to maximize social reach
- Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all key social media channels
- Assist as needed on starting and managing a SoundHound Inc. blog, from writing blog posts to mapping out the content calendar and content marketing
- Collaborate with Recruiting department on sharable company content to aid in recruiting efforts.
- 3-5 years experience copywriting
- 3-5 years of driving social media management for a brand preferably in the consumer tech space
- Excellent and versatile communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Vine, YouTube and Medium
- Analytical nature and proficient in tools to measure engagement
- Sound editorial judgment with an informed POV on content that will appeal to the brand demographic
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- Active personal profiles on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other platforms
- Knowledge in SEO/SEM/online media, analytics, web technology, mobile campaigns, community and the concepts of creative and brand strategy
- Photoshop/Illustrator or Photography skills a big plus
- Good sense of humor helpful
Please include the following with your application: Cover letter (We NEED to know if you can write!!), Social Media portfolio, Twitter and/or Instagram handle and anything else that will help us to understand your unique take on social media.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top