Site Reliability Engineer
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a broad portfolio of core technologies and award-winning products ... we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of the impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
- Build and manage systems, infrastructure, and application stacks through automation.
- Implement and maintain automated deployments, and operational tools.
- Troubleshoot problems and build solutions to prevent recurrences
- Collaborate with Product/Support/Engineering teams to plan and deploy product releases
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer-facing environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux operating system internals, filesystems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols.
- Hands-on operational experience on managing cache services (Memcache, Redis)
- Comfortable working with wide range of relevant server-side technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Postgres, Mysql, Varnish, ELK, Riak, etc.
- Ability to script in Ruby or Python
- Be able to participate in on-call rotation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong general technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular!
Back to top