Senior Visual Designer
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
As a Senior Visual Designer you’ll have an opportunity to be on the cutting-edge of designing for Voice UI and AI across mobile and in-car experiences. Part of your responsibility will be to help define and maintain the SoundHound Design System which touches all of our products and services. You’ll help support the product design team by delivering pixel-perfect assets and working closely with the engineering and QA teams to ensure a high degree of quality within the app.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have a sharp eye for aesthetics, and have a mastery of Sketch and Adobe products. Previous experience leading or contributing to a design system is highly desired. Animation or motion design skills using either After Effects, Cinema 4D, Framer, or Principle is also helpful. Illustration and iconography skills would be great, but not required.
- BA/BS degree in design or similar background or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years professional experience working on visual interface design, design systems, and working within brand guidelines
- Portfolio that showcases a wide range of branded experiences (mobile, web, desktop, other)
- Strong eye for layout, typography, color, and composition
- Strong attention to detail and design consistency
- Experience working on a live product in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Creative Cloud Suite, Sketch, Invision)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android, and iOS
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Experience bringing visual designs to life with micro-interactions such as motion graphics, animation effects, and transitions
- Practical experience with rapid prototyping
- A collaborative, “no ego” approach to design
Back to top